Contents insurance

While many people often hope nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly and it is important to have insurance cover. We have teamed up with an insurance provider so you can get contents insurance easily and at a price that is affordable. 

Through a special scheme called My Home, which is arranged in conjunction with the National Housing Federation, Silva Homes' customers* can protect their belongings and have peace of mind in the knowledge that if the unexpected happens, they have cover.

Silva Homes insures the buildings and any contents we provide, for example the central heating system. We do not provide insurance for belongings or personal possessions. We advise all of our customers to take out some kind of house contents insurance. This should cover you against:

  • Burglaries
  • Damage caused to your belongings in a fire
  • Damage caused to other people’s property, for example your washing machine flooding a flat below you.

* the My Home insurance is available to all Silva Homes tenants and resident leaseholders.

Find out more

Find out more about the My Home insurance pack by clicking here.

If you would like to find out more, please contact 0800 692 3000 to request an insurance pack.

If you have any further queries or need any help when you have received the application form, please call the insurance helpline on 0845 266 9660.

You can also check compare the market websites to find insurance policies that suit your circumstances, provide the cover you need and compare prices.